Saturday, May 9, 2015

Mother's Day Tea Party


Yes, this pretty much sums up my life at the moment.
 
Most of my friends have a least two kids by now, some have more, and I'm like "wanna see a picture of my kitty?"
 
I may not be a mom yet, but I do have an awesome mom!
 
And in case you haven't read my blog before, we like to run races at Disney together.
 

 
You can read more about our Run Disney adventures here.
 
Now on to celebrating Mother's Day in my classroom.
 
Usually we have a tea party when we study the letter T in September, and Muffins with Mom in May for Mother's Day.  This year we decided to hold off on our tea party and do a Mother's Day tea party instead.
 

I am totally in love with this fascinator I bought from Amazon.  I will definitely be wearing this every year for our tea party.
 
Check out the one I bought here.


Our tea party was at 2pm, so I set everything up while the kids were in centers.


I set out each child's "All About Mom" page and "Recipe for a Great Mom" apron.  Click here to see how we made them.
 
Last year I did not set them out and I totally forgot to give them to the moms.  I had to send them home the next Monday.
 
I wanted to make sure that I didn't forget about them this year.


I loved seeing my kiddos and their mommas all dressed up for our tea party!





I also had some very dapper dudes.


They were dressed so nicely that we had a talk before lunch about being careful with their food.  Usually when I pick them up I can tell exactly what they had for lunch because its all over their shirts and faces.  But not today!  The cafeterias ladies must have known it was a special occasion because they served cheeseburgers and mini corndogs instead of sloppy joes or spaghetti.
 
We also had a talk before recess about not playing in the dirt or mulch.


First we read "The Night Before Mother's Day" - check it out here.
 
Then we ate cookies and drank sweet tea and lemonade.
I made my kids take their moms through the line and help them get their food first.
Then I called my students to get food.
 
Last we watched our kindergarten dvd.
 
This is the one that has pictures from all of our kindergarten classes.
 
We sell it for $10 but it won't go home until our awards day.  So we wanted to give the moms a sneak peak at it.
 
They loved it!


While we were watching the slideshow, I had my students get into pairs so I could take pictures.


They were adorable!
 
We had a great Mother's Day tea party.
 
I am so thankful to the moms and nanas that took the time to get dressed up and come hang out with their child.


Totally unrelated to Mother's Day, we made our final stained glass window art for the year.
 
I thought tulips were perfect for May and made sure that they were put up before the tea party.
 
One of my goals this year was to have my kids make a stained glass window art for each month of school.  And we did!  The kids loved making them, and I love the color they brought to our classroom.  Plus you can see them from the road as you drive past our school.


 
 With Mother's Day here, I can't help but think that the end of school is right around the corner, like 2 weeks and a few extra school days away.
 
Doesn't feel real that exactly 3 weeks from today, I will be on summer break!
 
Woo hoo!!


No comments:

Post a Comment