Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Classroom Valentines

The search for the perfect Valentine cards!
 
For the past 8 years I would try and find the best/most fun valentines I could for my students.  Every year I've done a different valentine theme for my cards. I believe, my first year was Kim Possible, then Care Bears, some Highlight's Hidden Pictures, the black scratch off ones with rainbow underneath, stickers, etc.  I seriously can't remember them all.
 
But every year there were always one or two cards or sayings that I didn't really like.  Plus I would always end up with a ton of extras that I would think "Oh, I'll use them next year," and then when next year came I would go with something totally different.  So this year I decided to make my own.
 
My Valentines started off with a trip to Target.
 
I love Target, but the closest one is about 45-60 min away, so I don't get there very often.
 

I didn't buy a ton of stuff, just "essentials."
 
And by essentials I mean Fun Dip!


Cute pencils!
 
So far, we've only used yellow no. 2 pencils because I was trying to keep pencil arguments to a minimum.  But I decided these were way too cute!
 
They were from the Target dollar section.


What is better than Fun Dip!?
 
A sugar stick that you dip into sugar powder? 
 
Awesome!
 
Especially because our party is at 2pm and the car riders leave at 2:35.  Haha!
 
Sugar 'em up, and send 'em home!
 


Fortune Cookie erasers!
 
My kids will probably have no clue what these are, but they were too adorable!
 
These were from the Target dollar section too.



I had to have cute bags to put everything in. 
 
Now came the best part...making Valentines!
 
Probably the whole reason I wanted to make my own Valentines this year was so that I would have an excuse to buy cute Valentine clip art!
 
Well I ended up finding way too much good stuff, because I actually made 4 different sets.  I didn't know which set I would use this year, but figured I could just rotate through the 4 sets over the next 4 years.
 
What can I say, I like to plan ahead!
 
Click below to check out the other sets:
 
I teach in a town where sports are life so I thought about using the sports ones.  But then the animals ones crack me up with their cute puns.
 
But as you can tell, this year I went with superheroes!


I love my laser printer!
 
Beautiful color!, I had no idea what a difference it would make in the colors of my printables.


My awesome parent volunteer sharpened all my new Valentine pencils and then snapped this picture before she packing everything into the bags.
 
If you ever give pencils to your kids as gifts, you need to sharpen them beforehand.  Otherwise, the first thing they're going to do after they open their gift, is ask you to sharpen it.
 
If you give a kid a pencil...
 
Hmm, sounds similar to a few books I've read :)


I decided to write each child's name on the back of their Valentine tag.



Then I punched a hole in the corner and attached them to my gift bags with some cute ribbon I got from Hobby Lobby awhile back.


 
My kids are going to love their superheroes Valentines!
 
Check them out here.
 
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Superhero-Themed-Valentines-Gift-Tags-1655293
 
Happy early Valentine's Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment