Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Disney's Princess Half Marathon 2015 - Part 1

Half Marathon #6 - Disney's Princess Half Marathon
- February 22, 2015
 
 
Originally my mom and I were supposed to leave after school on Friday.  But then Tennessee had this crazy ice storm, then snow, so schools were closed the entire week.
 
As soon as we found out schools were closed all week, this was like Wednesday, we changed our plane tickets to leave first thing Friday morning instead of Friday evening.
 
And thank goodness we did!
 
Another winter storm came through Friday afternoon, and all flights out of Nashville after 12pm were canceled.  So we got out just in the nick of time.
 

The roads were completed covered with about and inch and a half of ice and then a couple of inchs of snow.


The parking lot at the Nashville airport was crazy icy!
 
I hope these people packed an ice scraper in their luggage.  The door was completely covered in ice.



We dropped our things off at the hotel and were at the expo first thing.

 
 

 
 
 
 
I had really been wanting a Run Disney MagicBand.  And I'm so glad I got one!

After getting our running bibs, and shopping of course, I finally ate my breakfast.
 
I love Au Bon Pain, in the Orlando airport.  But wasn't really hungry when we bought it.  So I ate about 4 hours later.
 
Then of course I had to get my Run Disney Instagram picture.
 

 
I actually got two this year, because they lost the first one.  So I went back and had another made.  And they found the first one.
 
Then we went back to the hotel and our room was ready!
 
We stayed at the Port Orleans French Quarter.
 
 
This is our absolute favorite resort!
 
We stayed here during our first princess half - 2013, and loved it.
 
 
It's just so peaceful and beautiful! 
 
 
 
Then I unpacked.
 
 
I never used to unpack my suitcase in a hotel room until I got these organizer cubes from the Container store.  Now,  when I get to my hotel, I can just take each cube out, unzip, tuck the flap under, and set the cube in the drawer.
 
I love it, because then I'm not rummaging around in my suitcase all the time looking for things.
 

 
So here's my clothes drawer:
bottoms
tops
pajamas
undies and socks
 
 

And my running drawer!

 We grabbed some dinner at the hotel food court and then headed out to Downtown Disney.
 

I always love these Lego creations at Disney.







This is my "mom, hurry up and take the picture before I get in trouble" look.  

 
One special purchase from Downtown Disney was my new Run Disney Dooney and Burke wristlet!
 
This actually the pattern from the Marathon weekend in January, but I really loved this pattern.
 
 

My expo goodies!
 
I never have very good self control at the expos.


The next morning, Saturday, we got up and got the park first thing in the morning.
 
The best time to get to the Magic Kingdom is first thing.  We rode Peter Pan, twice, Haunted Mansion, twice, It's a Small World, twice, Pirates of the Caribbean, twice; all before our 10:30 lunch reservations at Be Our Guest Restaurant.
 
The Peter Pan ride in the afternoon will usually have an 80 min wait.  So there's almost no way you could ride all those rides in one day, unless that was all you did.
 
Peter Pan has always been my favorite ride!
 
 
I love flying above London and Neverland!
 
Well Peter Pan has a new interactive queue!
 
It was fabulous!

 
 




 




 

 
 Sorry that some pictures are blurry.  I would try to hurry up and take the picture if I heard someone coming behind me.
 


I loved this shadow part.  There were little shadow butterflies dancing around.


And of course, my mom was trying to catch them.

 
It's a Small World.
 
I know many people think this ride is annoying... But I love it!
 





Haunted Mansion


Pirates of the Caribbean



Sadly, the Little Mermaid ride was closed for refurbishing.
 
Or we probably would have road that ride twice too.
 
Next came Be Our Guest Restaurant.



We've eaten here before too.
 
I love it!



This time we decided to eat in the Grand Ballroom.
 
Last time we ate in the Castle Gallery.




I had the braised pork and the Master's Cupcake again.


The servers push the food around on carts, just like in the movie.


Um, yes, I will take one of everything please.


This is mom's Lemon Raspberry Cream Puff


And my Master's Cupcake.
 
Try the "grey stuff" it's delicious!


Pictures of the Castle Gallery.




Sadly, my pictures of the West Wing didn't turn out this time.
 


I forgot to take pictures of the entrance on the way in, so I took some on our way out.
 


Next, we had fast passes for Toy Story, but we first we stopped by the hotel for a minute.


And found this cute little towel animal left by Mousekeeping.
 
And I got to eat this awesome peanut butter cookie I bought from Magic Kingdom.
 
It was huge!
 
And looked like it had been scooped by an ice cream scooper.


Hollywood Studios!
 
The ring in the background is what was left of the sorcerers hat :(





The queue.
















Let's get down to business.
 
Next up is the actual Princess Half Marathon race!
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment