Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Word Work - Stamping Fun

My literacy workstations are still going well!
 
They are actually one of my favorite parts of the day because I get to work 15 whole minutes with each small group.
 
If that isn't differentiation, what is?
 
I recently received a Lakeshore order. Using school money; can I get an amen!
 
And I thought I'd show you one of my favorite things I bought.
 
Stamps!
 
I love letter stamps.  But I only had one set and my students all needed to use the same letters, so it didn't work out so well.
 
So I purposefully bought 4 sets of lowercase letter stamps and 4 different colored stamp pads.
(My workstations have 4 students per group)
 
I labeled each set of stamps with a stamp pad color, so that stamps wouldn't be used on other colors.
 

So now, when we stamp our sight words, usually on Mondays, each students gets their own stamp pad and set of stamps to use.
 
No more fussing over stamps.


So much stamping fun!



My example page. 
This resource came from Reagan Tunstall.
 
Now my students beg for stamps to be in our workstations and get excited for Mondays.
 
And so far, I've only had one stamp stamped in the wrong stamp pad.  I'm sure there will be more, but I'm just going to let it go and tell my OCD to be quiet :)


No comments:

Post a Comment