Sunday, July 26, 2015

Summer Break

So summer is over for me.
 
We went back to school for teacher inservices last Wednesday and then kids come on Monday.
 
Sad.
 
The only thing I really have to show for this summer is my new classroom.
 
I worked on it all. summer. long.
 
While I waited for my floors to be waxed, I worked on some things for my classroom at home.
 
 
The first thing was this teacher toolbox. 
Labels are from Erica Bohrer's TpT store.
 
I've seen these things all over Pinterest the last few years and finally decided to get one.
 
 
Then I mod-podged clothespins for my new work display bulletin board.
 
 
Yes, they sparkle.
 
And I took a trip to one of my most favorite places...
 
 
I love you Container Store!
 
And made way too many trips to my favorite store for tubs.
 
 
Big Lots takes all of my money!
 
 
Then, I was able to get into my room!
 
I was not very happy about the bulletin board situation.
 
In my old room I had tons of beautiful bulletin boards.

In this room I have a whole bunch of shower board that was falling off the wall.
 
So I convinced my dad to take the shower board off (actually he suggested it and said that it was a lawsuit waiting to happen).  There was an old chalkboard underneath, and we put cork on top.
 
 
We used rolls of cork from Lowes and spray adhesive to attach the cork to the chalkboard. 
 
It worked awesome!
 
No bubbles or bumps!
 
 
Bless him.
 
He was working so hard, and this was Father's Day.
 

 My calendar bulletin board is ready for calendar items.
 
 
Next, I had found this really awesome pin on Pinterest.  Original pin here from live laugh learn in second grade.
 
I used black fabric so that I wouldn't have to worry about wrinkles or crinkling of paper, and sparkle scrapbook paper from Hobby Lobby.
 
The glitter on the scrapbook paper was coming off everywhere, so I brushed a coat of mod-podge onto the top and now it's glitter fall-out free.
 

 Remember those sparkly clothespins I mod-podged earlier?
 
Here they are!
 
Ready to clip and display my kiddos' work.
 
Next I had to move all my stuff left back over in my kindergarten room to the new room.
 
My old classroom and new classroom are on complete opposite sides of the building.
 
So I loaded up the back of my SUV, 8 times, and drove around the building to unload everything.
 
And it was raining.
 
So I tracked in mud, dirt, and grass along the way.
 
Grr
 

Next I had to sort all my stuff.
 
As you can tell, cleaning products were some of those things that I had unintentionally hoarded over the years.  So I went through everything.  Only kept what would fit in my storage tubs, and then donated the rest to our new first grade teachers.
 
After about a week of all day working, my classroom was pretty much finished, I'll show pictures of the finished product in a week or so.
 
So it was off to Vegas for SDE teacher conferences!


Surprisingly, my suitcase is the second smallest. 
 
I don't think that has ever happened before.
 
But I packed a whole lot smarter this year.
 
It is way too hot in the desert.  So all I packed were dresses and skirts.
 
We stayed at the Venetian where the conference was being held.  It's gorgeous!
 

 
I want to live here!



 Go Noodle was there!
 
They even had a cabana reserved at the pool for us.
 
I had lots of fun and learned lots of great things!
 

 Until next time Vegas!





No comments:

Post a Comment