Monday, April 21, 2014

Welcome!

Hey everyone!  I'm Miss Kriss.  Let me start off by saying that this blog has been a long time coming...

I first started reading blogs in 2012 when I was searching for running costume ideas for the Disney Princess Half Marathon.  Searching for costume ideas in Google images lead me to discover running blogs.  Once I was introduced to the blogging community I discovered that there are blogs about anything and everything.  Then I hit the jackpot - I discovered teaching blogs.  I had never realized that most of the cute ideas I was pinning on Pinterest actually came from teacher's blogs.  I started following these blogs and felt inspired to try their tips and use some of their activities in my own classroom.

I have been so encouraged and inspired by others in the blogging community I knew I wanted to start my own.  Even if I am the only person who ever reads this blog, which is very possible, I am excited to record my teaching experiences.

Now...more about me!

I am a kindergarten teacher nearing the end of my eighth year teaching.  We have 5 weeks of school left and things are already getting a little hectic.  Who starts a blog during one of the busiest times of year for a teacher?  Oh yeah, that would be me! 

I grew up moving around constantly because my dad was in the Air Force.  My family settled in Tennessee right before I began high school and we've never left.  I love teaching and know with all my heart that God created me to be a teacher.  Growing up I was bossy, loved to talk, played school with my babysitters (the woes of being an only child), loved to read, and just plain loved school in general.  I didn't know it at the time, but I was destined to be a teacher.

So welcome to my little piece of the blog world.  I am excited to see where this journey takes me!

Miss Kriss

Here is me with Mickey!!  Did I mention that I am obsessed with Disney?

No comments:

Post a Comment